Samantha de Wit – Lawyer
- Legal Assistant: Kaytlyn Steele
Samantha is originally from Cape Town, South Africa. She immigrated to Canada with her immediate family in the early 1990s, ending up in the prairie province of Manitoba, of all places.
Samantha received her LLB from the University of Manitoba in 2009 after articling with Legal Aid Manitoba in the areas of child protection and family law. She spent her first three years of practice at a well-respected family law boutique firm in Winnipeg, Manitoba, before making the move to Victoria, B.C. in June 2013.
Samantha began her B.C. family law practice at a large reputable downtown firm in Victoria, where she practiced for three years in their family law department before joining Brown Henderson Melbye in October 2016.
Samantha’s practice is focused solely on family law, and ranges from negotiation, mediation, and if necessary, litigation in Court, in order to resolve family law disputes. As well, Samantha is a trained Collaborative Family Law lawyer with the Collaborative Family Separation Professionals Group in Victoria. More information can be found here: http://www.collaborativefamilylawgroup.com/
Samantha understands that the end of a relationship is a significant and emotional event in one’s life, in particular where parties have had children together and their financial lives have become intertwined. Samantha can assist you in figuring out the tricky path towards moving on, including resolving parenting issues, support issues and issues relating to property and debt.
Professional and Community Highlights
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Non-practicing Member, Law Society of Manitoba
- Member, Canadian Bar Association and B.C. Bar Association
- Co-chair, Women Lawyer’s Forum (Vancouver Island) – CBABC
- Member-at-Large, Family Law Section – CBABC
- Director, Victoria Bar Association
- Director, Family Services of Greater Victoria
- Volunteer Lawyer – Fernwood Community Centre Legal Clinic
- Volunteer Lawyer – Access Pro Bono