Shauna Tucker – Partner
- Assistants: Julia Nowosielska
Shauna received her LLB from the University of Toronto in 1990 and practiced as a family, estates and commercial litigator in the Vancouver office of one of Canada’s largest national firms; and more recently a boutique class action firm, before moving to Victoria in January 2013 to engage in the full time practice of family and elder law.
Shauna is a Certified Family and Elder Law Mediator and Parenting Coordinator, having done her course work through the Continuing Legal Education Society, the Justice Institute of B.C. and Marathon Mediation in Toronto.
Shauna’s practice is focused on family and elder law, but her class action experience with individuals suffering institutional, sexual and elder abuse gives her a particular interest in working with family members to assist them in working constructively and safely with significant family stressors such as failing health, marriage break-down and parenting challenges.
Shauna understands that clients come to lawyers and mediators at times of transition and upheaval, and she is committed to ensuring that her clients resolve their conflicts through the most suitable mechanism(s) available and only after there has been a discussion about their future needs and interests. Shauna is respectful of the role and place of the courts in the dispute resolution process, but is increasingly convinced that family members in conflict are better served by working to resolution through the difficult conversations that allow them to identify successful outcomes for themselves. These conversations can be facilitated, and should be informed. Shauna would be pleased to discuss how she may be able to assist you through these processes, either as your lawyer or as your mediator or parenting coordinator.
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member Canadian Bar Association B.C. Elder Law Section Executive
- Member Canadian Bar Association Family Law (Victoria Subsection) Executive
- Contributor Family Law Agreements Manual
- Former Member Canadian Bar Association Class Action Section Executive
Community Involvement Highlights
- Facilitator with Victoria Restorative Justice Centre
- Board of Directors for Family Services of Greater Victoria
- Former President of North Shore Girls Soccer Association and long-time soccer coach