Samantha Rapoport – Lawyer
- Assistant: Jessica Neal
Samantha Rapoport is a lawyer who focuses her practice on families, children, and seniors. Sam looks for practical and cost-effective ways to assist clients (and their families) move forward in times of transition.
Sam is a graduate of the Faculty of Law at the University of Victoria and has a Bachelor’s of Arts (Honours) from the University of British Columbia, where she was the recipient of the Dean of Arts Award and several academic scholarships.
Sam has trained and practiced almost exclusively in the area of family law since her call to the Bar, joining Brown Henderson Melbye in 2014. In that time, Sam has assisted her clients in achieving successful and holistic outcomes.
Sam has experience assisting clients with the following range of issues:
- negotiating and drafting pre-marital or cohabitation agreements;
- advising on and negotiating issues related to division of property and support;
- negotiating and implementing parenting plans;
- advising on and drafting documents related to end of life decision making, including wills, powers of attorney and representation agreements; and
- representation at all levels of court in British Columbia and in alternative forms of dispute resolution such as mediation.
With your insight and talents, families will be in good hands.
- Contributor, Family Law Agreements Manual
- Subject Editor, JP Boyd on Family Law
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Young Lawyer’s Section Executive
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Trial Lawyer’s Association of British Columbia
- Member, Victoria Bar Association
- Volunteer, Fernwood NRG Legal Information Clinics
- Volunteer, Pro Bono Going Public
- Former Volunteer,Together Against Poverty Society