Shauna Tucker – Partner
- Legal Assistant: Cindy Fieldhouse
Shauna has practiced family and elder law as a lawyer and dispute resolution professional at Brown Henderson Melbye in Victoria since 2014.
Shauna received her LLB from the University of Toronto in 1990 and worked at Canada’s largest law firm, and then a mid-sized boutique firm in Vancouver, before moving to Victoria.
Shauna is an accredited Certified Family Law Mediator, Arbitrator, Elder Law Mediator and Parenting Coordinator. Having advocated on behalf of clients in the court process for over two decades, Shauna is respectful of the place of the courts in the dispute resolution process. Shauna is, however, increasingly convinced that family members in conflict are best served, in most cases, by working to resolution through negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and parenting coordination.
Shauna has significant experience with clients who have experienced trauma as a result of personal injury, systemic abuse and family violence. She works hard with her clients to help them understand and access the different dispute resolution tools that will work best for them.
Shauna has three young adult daughters. She took five years out of the practice of law to “stay home” when they were very young. Now everyone is launched and at work and they camp and hike and kayak together, looking for moose and whales, when they can.
- Training Committee Chair – Collaborative Family Separation Professionals Victoria
- Contributor CLE Family Law Agreements Manual
- Member Canadian Bar Association B.C. Elder Law Section Executive
- Former Member Canadian Bar Association Family Law (Victoria Subsection) Executive
- Former Member Canadian Bar Association ADR (Victoria Subsection) Executive
- Former Member Canadian Bar Association Class Action Section Executive
- Chair of Family Services of Greater Victoria
- Former Facilitator with Victoria Restorative Justice Centre
- Former President of North Shore Girls Soccer Association and long-time soccer coach