Samantha Rapoport – Lawyer
- Assistant: Cara Finkelstein
Samantha Rapoport is a lawyer who focuses her practice on families, children, and seniors. Sam looks for practical and cost-effective ways to assist clients (and their families) move forward in times of transition.
Sam is a graduate of the Faculty of Law at the University of Victoria and has a Bachelor’s of Arts (Honours) from the University of British Columbia, where she was the recipient of the Dean of Arts Award and several academic scholarships.
Sam has trained and practiced almost exclusively in the area of family law since her call to the Bar, joining Brown Henderson Melbye in 2014. In that time, Sam has assisted her clients in achieving successful and holistic outcomes.
Sam has experience assisting clients with the following range of issues:
- negotiating and drafting pre-marital or cohabitation agreements;
- advising on and negotiating issues related to division of property and support;
- negotiating and implementing parenting plans;
- advising on and drafting documents related to end of life decision making, including wills, powers of attorney and representation agreements; and
- representation at all levels of court in British Columbia and in alternative forms of dispute resolution such as mediation.
Samantha Rapoport was willing to take on my case, even though it was obvious at our first meeting that I was in a state of shock and totally ignorant of the “due process” that was to follow. Sam not only explained each step clearly and patiently, she even answered my questions in clarifying detail.
I was in such shock about how well everything went in court yesterday that I feel like I didn’t thank you enough! Going through with this was one of the hardest things I thought I’d ever do but within seconds of meeting and talking to you the biggest feeling of relief overcame me. You reassured me I was doing the right thing and made it much easier to talk about a difficult subject.
- Contributor, Family Law Agreements Manual
- Subject Editor, JP Boyd on Family Law
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Young Lawyer’s Section Executive
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Trial Lawyer’s Association of British Columbia
- Member, Victoria Bar Association
- Volunteer, Fernwood NRG Legal Information Clinics
- Volunteer, Pro Bono Going Public
- Former Volunteer,Together Against Poverty Society